Tucson Attorney Defends Against White Collar Crime Charges
Protecting those accused of fraud, bribery and embezzlement in Arizona
The term “white collar crime” typically refers to business-related financial crimes that are often dealt with on the federal level. Given the prevalence of computers and Internet access, these crimes have become more commonplace in recent years, spurring law enforcement to crack down. Although these cases are nonviolent, they are often high-profile cases and receive plenty of media coverage because they account for billions of dollars lost each year. The Law Offices of Richard C. Bock provides skilled legal representation against government agencies that have unlimited resources to prosecute business crimes.
How does the government handle white collar crime?
White collar crimes are generally committed for illegal monetary gain, and government agencies use every resource available to them to find and prosecute those involved. Investigations can last months and sometimes years before charges are filed, and the person being looked into is typically aware of potential charges. Those who are convicted can face jail time, high fines and other serious penalties. It is imperative to have our established Tucson defense attorney diligently represent you in the early stages of the investigation, prior to charges being filed.
What activities are considered to be white collar crimes?
The list of potential white collar crimes is always growing as computers allow for new types of transactions and regulators are given broader powers. We have knowledge and experience defending various white collar criminal charges, including:
- Fraud. Most types of fraud, including mail fraud, wire fraud and computer fraud, are considered to be white collar crimes. Stocks and securities fraud and broker fraud are also prosecuted. Those who have been accused need an Arizona attorney who will thoroughly defend them.
- Antitrust violations. There is an ever-increasing number of government regulations on business intended to prevent unfair trade practices such as insider trading. Unfortunately, these laws are complex and overly broad, meaning that good people often get caught up in investigations.
- Bribery and extortion. Using threats or funds to influence the decisions of others is often illegal. Our firm uses carefully planned strategies to defend the accused.
- Computer crimes. Hacking and identity theft have become part of our everyday lives. Unfortunately, the law and the government haven’t quite caught up. Security experts who are trying to help organizations discover security flaws are often treated the same as criminals who seek to exploit those flaws. We defend those accused of computer crimes in the Tucson area.
- Embezzlement. The taking of money entrusted to you is treated differently from other theft crimes. Our firm provides aggressive representation for these serious charges.
We vigorously defend against other common white collar crime charges, including tax evasion, forgery, conspiracy and money laundering.
Bring your questions to our white collar crime attorney and let us begin defending you today
The Law Offices of Richard C. Bock has established a reputation for getting acquittals and lenient sentences in high-stakes business crime cases. Our white collar crime attorney helps you clear you name and deal with the aftermath of accusations. We can negotiate with state and federal authorities to prevent charges from ever being filed or negotiate a self-surrender if charges are filed to avoid the embarrassment of being arrested at home or at work. When your future and reputation are on the line, call us at 520-485-3689 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.