Experienced Tucson Criminal Defense Lawyer Levels the Playing Field in Arizona
Skilled attorney defends clients in Pima County and surrounding areas
When you are facing criminal charges, it is crucial to have an experienced criminal defense attorney at your side from the beginning of the process until the end to protect your rights. Our lead attorney, Richard C. Bock, is a Tucson criminal defense attorney who has handled many high-stakes cases and helped his clients obtain excellent results. We focus exclusively on criminal defense, providing representation for people accused of misdemeanors, felonies and post-sentencing parole and probation violations.
Strong record of protecting criminal defendants’ rights
We have earned an excellent reputation for aggressively defending our clients throughout the state. People entrust Richard C. Bock with their cases due to his:
- Peer recognition — Mr. Bock is rated AV-Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed on the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
- Experience — With 45 years of experience as a defense attorney and former prosecutor, Mr. Bock knows what to expect from judges and government attorneys in the criminal justice system.
- Specialization — Mr. Bock has been a Certified Criminal Specialist by the Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization for over 20 years.
Having a knowledgeable criminal defense and DUI lawyer who is thoroughly familiar with local laws and procedures ensures that your case will be in safe hands.
Proven counsel skillfully handles wide range of criminal cases
Attorney Richard C. Bock has 45 years of experience in Arizona’s criminal system and can defend you in cases involving:
- DUI/drunk driving — Regardless of the degree of DUI charged or whether you have prior convictions on your record, we know how to pursue the most optimal results available.
- Violent crimes — If you’re charged with murder, assault or any other act or attempt to do bodily harm, we will raise all appropriate defenses and other avenues of relief..
- Drug charges — We represent clients facing all types and degrees of drug crime charges, from misdemeanor marijuana possession to felony drug trafficking and conspiracy.
- Sex offenses — We’ll work diligently to protect your freedom and your reputation if you’re charged with rape, child molestation, child pornography, prostitution or any other sex crime.
- White collar crimes — Our firm offers sophisticated advice in prosecutions for theft, fraud, computer crimes, identity theft and other white-collar crimes.
If you are accused of any crime, the actions you take early in the case, including your choice of counsel, can greatly impact the outcome. The earlier we are involved, the sooner we can assess your situation and plan a strategy for achieving optimal results.
Arizona criminal lawyer makes sure you don’t battle the system on your own.
Police officers and prosecutors often pressure defendants into thinking they have no choice but to plead guilty and/or cooperate. Far too many people take bad plea deals or hurt themselves in other ways. No matter what crime is involved, remember that you have a constitutional right to effective assistance of counsel. You deserve to have the case examined by an experienced lawyer experienced lawyer who can evaluate the government’s case and find the strong defenses available.
Whether you’re charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, you are facing fines and potential jail time. In brief:
- Felonies — These crimes range in degree from Class 1 (the most serious) to Class 6 (the least serious). Class 1 felonies, such as murder, carry penalties up to life imprisonment or the death penalty. Class 6 felonies carry prison sentences up to two years.
- Misdemeanors — These offenses fall into three categories. Class 3 (the least serious) carries a maximum jail term of 30 days. Class 2 has a maximum sentence of four months in jail. A Class 1 misdemeanor conviction means up to six months in jail.
Some crimes that are initially charged as felonies may be reduced to misdemeanors based on skillful defense arguments raising compelling evidence and mitigating factors. In addition, an attorney can present good grounds for significant reductions in sentencing.
Contact our Tucson office for a free consultation at your earliest opportunity
At the Law Offices of Richard Bock, we understand the difficulties and frustrations surrounding criminal charges. With our convenient location in Tucson, we serve all of southern Arizona. Our answering service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 520-485-3689 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We are available to meet with you during the week and we offer evening and weekend consultations by appointment. Se habla español.