Tucson Attorney Handling Arizona Assault Cases
Lawyer Richard C. Bock defends against assault charges and aggravated assault in Arizona
Assault can be merely a threat of violence to inflict bodily harm or it can be intentional or reckless offensive physical contact that can lead to an aggravated assault charge if serious enough. Having Richard C. Bock represent you can help you avoid the serious consequences of an assault conviction. Here is an overview of the two main assault charges in Arizona:
- Misdemeanor assault – this can result from actual physical touching or merely the threat of such contact and is commonly referred to as “simple assault” resulting from:
- Physically injuring another person through intentional, knowing or reckless actions
- Intentionally causing another person to be in reasonable fear of harm or to fear they will suffer some harm
- Knowingly touching another person in order to provoke, injure or insult that person
- Felony assault – felony assault is more commonly referred to as “aggravated assault” and results from an unlawful attack when the following occurs:
- A person causes serious physical injury to another
- A person uses a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument
- A person commits an assault after entering the private home of another with intent to commit the assault
- A person 18 years of age or older commits an assault upon a child 15 years of age or younger
- A person commits an assault knowing or having reason to know that the victim is a peace officer (i.e. teacher, prosecutor, healthcare provider, prison guard, etc.)
We help defendants avoid the serious consequences of violating Arizona assault laws
Simple assault can be considered a Class 1, 2 or 3 misdemeanor, depending on severity and degree. Intimidation and threatening bodily harm is generally a Class 1 misdemeanor but following through on those threats can lead to a Class 3 felony for aggravated assault in Arizona. It is best to have an experienced defense lawyer represent you during every stage of the process to ensure you are not convicted of charges more severe than the actual crime. Our attorney often prevents charges from ever being filed and fights for an acquittal if charges are pending.
Lead attorney Richard C. Bock knows assault law and understands how to defend against it in Arizona
With an extensive background in criminal law, having prosecuted and defended thousands of cases, attorney Richard C. Bock is able to get to the bottom of simple and aggravated assault charges in Arizona. Defendants may be incorrectly charged with offenses more severe than they deserve and sometimes should not have been charged at all, as is common with self-defense cases. Mr. Bock analyzes all possible avenues for acquittal from constitutional violations to affirmative defenses. He mitigates the circumstances surrounding your case and diligently argues for the lowest possible punishment if convicted.
Contact Richard C. Bock today if you have been contacted by the police or are under investigation for assault
An assault conviction can have an impact on the rest of your life in terms of employment and educational opportunities. Attorney Richard C. Bock fights to protect your future by vigorously defending you from investigation to trial. The Law Offices of Richard C. Bock are located in Tucson and serves counties throughout southern Arizona. We are available to meet with you during the week, evenings and weekends. Our answering service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and we accommodate the Spanish-speaking community. If you have any questions, contact us for a free initial consultation immediately.