Tucson DUI Lawyer Defends Your Rights and Protects Your Future
Representing those accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) are common charges with a potentially devastating impact on one’s life. The penalties are broad and typically involve a combination of many punishments, including jail time, fines, driver’s license suspension, counseling, probation, use of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle and community service. The Law Offices of Richard C. Bock provides experienced, aggressive representation in all types of DUI and DWI cases in Tucson.
Helping to minimize the harsh penalties for drinking and driving in Arizona
DUI and DWI in Arizona include several different types of charges, including:
- Driving while impaired to the slightest degree. Many people may not realize a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of at least .08% is not required to be convicted of DWI. The state must prove only that you were “impaired to the slightest degree.”
- Driving with a BAC of .08% or above. It is unlawful for a person to drive or be in physical control of a vehicle if his or her BAC is .08% or above.
- Extreme DUI. If your BAC is above .15%, you will be charged with an extreme DUI, which carries harsher penalties than a regular DUI.
- Super extreme DUI. In severe cases, a person can be charged with a super extreme DUI if his or her BAC is .20% or above.
- Felony (aggravated) DUI. Drinking and driving can result in a felony charge if your license is suspended, you have a minor under the age of 15 in the vehicle or if you receive a third DUI in five years (60 months).
- Drug DUI. It is unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of illegal drugs.
- Commercial driver DUI. Operating a commercial motor vehicle that requires a Commercial Driver’s License while under the influence of alcohol can result in a separate DUI charge.
- Boating DUI. It is illegal for an intoxicated person to operate or be in actual physical control of a motorized watercraft in Arizona.
We provide all of our clients with detailed advice and work with them to create a carefully planned strategy to get the best results possible in their particular situation.
Refusal of breath, blood or urine tests
In Arizona, any person who operates a motor vehicle gives the state consent to test their blood, breath or urine for alcohol. Refusing to submit to these tests will result in loss of driving privileges for at least one year, even if you are not convicted of a drunk driving offense.
Our Tucson DUI and DWI lawyer rigorously challenges blood and breath tests and has experience handling pre-trial motions to suppress evidence obtained illegally. We thoroughly test all aspects of the case to find mistakes and inconsistencies made by law enforcement. If you are facing any of the charges listed above, trust our criminal defense firm to help.
Contact our DUI defense firm today for a free consultation
Although DUI cases in Arizona are common, it is a serious offense with severe consequences. The Law Offices of Richard C. Bock has a proven history of obtaining reduced charges and acquittals in DUI cases. With our convenient location in Tucson, we provide our services to southern Arizona. We also serve the Spanish-speaking community. Contact us online or call us at 520-485-3689 to plan a free initial consultation, and we will help you put your DUI charges behind you.